Thursday, July 16, 2020

Throwback Thursday: The Hoopin’ 50’s Workout


When I was coming up with activities to do for Safer-at-Home Hoopla, I was watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. In several episodes we see various characters doing little workout routines and I thought hey... that would be kind of cool to do. Once the hula hoop showed up, I knew it was a must, because my mom always talked about hula hoops being the coolest thing in the world. Let's take a quick peak into the world of the 1950s.


But before we get to the routines.... Hula Hoops!


Today I've gathered a few videos for you to peruse and choose from for your workout. The first one I like, because it has Jack LaLanne. He was this amazing fitness instructor that just really took health and fitness to the next level. Fun Fact: He lived to be 96 years old! Could be for all sorts of amazing reasons, but maybe his fitness routine was one of them.



Finally, as a reminder that exercise is not just about the women, I have Abe Weissman's workout from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and then some rhythmic stretching. Everyone can do all of these exercises, so pick what you like and know that a little bit everyday helps.



Share what routine you did or what you liked most or learned about the 1950s and keeping fit.



No comments:

Post a Comment