Wednesday, May 13, 2020

What is Safer-At-Home Hoopla?

A friend of mine gave me the inspiration to start thinking about how we can inspire each other. There are so many things on the internet to do and so many different digital things to follow, but I just wanted to make a fun place where you can be a little crazy - maybe build on some of the things you are already doing to keep going while we're working together to keep our community, our state, our country, and our world safe.


How does this work?

Each day an activity will be posted based on the theme of the day. If you do the activity, gather some evidence and share it with everyone! While this is not required, it keeps with the spirit of coming together to have fun in a social way. We're all here to support each other. 

There are no age restrictions on participation. Include the family! What's the harm in EVERYONE having a little fun. The only age restriction is on sharing images for me to post. I cannot share images or videos if you are under the age of 18. The judgement call is on me. If you are a parent sharing and image and would like me to post it, please get in touch with me via one of the ways below.


What are the daily themes?

 ~ Mindfulness Mondays: Take some time for your inner self.

~ Toughen Up Tuesdays: Learn some Survival Skills.

~ Walking/Wheeling Wednesdays: Go outside and celebrate getting some fresh air.

~ Throwback Thursdays: You know we're not so different now?

~ Foodie Fridays: You know you like a good nibble.

~ Celebrate Saturdays: You know "dance like nobody is watching"? It's like that.

~ Sunday Fundays: Trust me... it'll be fun.



How to share your activity:
    • Post a comment about it at the bottom of the post.
        • You can include a link to the images

    • Post a picture or video to our Instagram Account @saferathomehoopla
        • Make sure you #saferathomehoopla
        • If you'd like me to post your image to my Instagram account, put it in the description of the image.

    • Join our private Facebook Group - Safer At Home Hoopla
        • Answer the questions to gain acceptance.
        • Post pictures, comments, etc.
        • If you'd like me to share your images or stories on the blog, let me know.

    • Share your experience on Twitter




Do I have to sign up?

Nope. You just check for the daily challenge and have fun!



When does it start?

Our first day will be Monday, May 18, 2020. 



Do I have to do every activity?

Nope! You can do whatever you want, whenever you want. If something makes you feel uncomfortable or isn't something you feel you can do, that's no fun. Other times it might just be pushing your boundaries to experience new things. But no, there is no requirement to participate.



No comments:

Post a Comment