Friday, May 29, 2020

Foodie Friday: Hard Boiled Eggs


Eggs are known to be some of the versatile food items out there. The possibilities are endless, but what about those eggs you hard boiled and have leftover. Maybe you didn't want to make another batch of egg salad or another plate of deviled eggs or add some more crumble to that Cob Salad. There are so many things you can do with a hard boiled egg that you might not have even known about!

First, we have the cook the perfect hard boiled egg. 

We all have our methods, but I recently learned the best and most foolproof way that works for me HERE. It took me 3 tries to perfect what worked the best for my pot, stove, and whatever else. I'm never going back!

Now that we've created our hard boiled eggs, let's see what types of amazing ideas are out there for these eager little guys.

Just so we're clear, there are so many different types of deviled eggs you can make... I'm not going to list all of the excessively crazy ones here, but trust me... everything from buffalo deviled eggs to shrimp and pumpkin deviled eggs are out there for you. 


Other ways to experiment with your eggs:
  • Add them to some different types of salads
  • Pair smoked Salmon and Hard Boiled Eggs in a dish together
  • Tuna and Hard Boiled Eggs work well
  • Test out your own Egglette Sandwich idea
  • Get some puff pastry and make an egg pocket combo
  • Look for some of those Ramen recipes and add some egg

Jammy Egg - Yolk cooked, but stilly "gummy"
Egglette Sandwiches - Above are Reuben 
 
Scotch Egg
 Potato Scotch Egg (no meat)
 
Soy Marinated Eggs
 Paul Hollywood's Raised Pork & Egg Pie

I think it's interesting all the different things you can do with an already hard boiled egg. I suppose it's helpful at Easter, but eggs are a staple in my house, so having interesting new ideas for how to use hard boiled eggs is perfect. These are rather Egg-celent ideas!

Share what you made or what you want to try! 


No comments:

Post a Comment