Friday, May 22, 2020

Foodie Friday: Pickles


Sounds a little weird, right? Pickles, though, have quite a few great dishes to their credit.  

Your activity for today is to make a pickle dish! Anything you want. Just don't make the pickle a topping.

As someone who has been on the Keto diet, I have found that pickles can be a dieters best friend. Because of this, I've labeled the Keto friendly dishes. Sorry other diets... I can't tell. Well, Diabetics and Low-Carb foodies would be fine with the Keto items, too.

 
I prefer Buddig Beef and 
to slice my mini-dills into quarters.
  


 

One of the biggest trends is using pickles in place of bread for things like cold cut sandwiches and hot dogs. Go ahead and test it out. It's pretty good when done well.

Now, you can pickle pretty much anything, but I stayed away from those recipes. I also didn't include food where you add pickles as a condiment instead of it being at the heart of the dish. Additionally, I did not include anything Bloody Mary related, but there are tons of fun things you can do with pickles for that.

Let my conclude with one of my favorite books from my childhood: Pickle Things by Marc Brown.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment