Saturday, July 25, 2020

Self Care Saturday: Make Time For You



We might think we're making time for ourselves personally, but most of us aren't - especially if you're a parent. When you have to keep up with other people around you, it can fatigue you to a degree you don't even realize. That's why taking time for yourself is important. 

It's hard to make it something that is daily, especially if you have lots going on in your life. But take time each day to just decompress.

The says you only  need 10 minutes and while that seems like a workout pitch, a workout could be your time. If you can just disconnect from your "responsibilities" it could help. Now if you see working out as another responsibility, then it might not be the disconnect time for you (I know it's not for me).

Don't treat this like another chore, but set a routine where you know you can do you time. Don't feel guilty. Taking care of you is not selfish. Taking care of you is the #1 goal in your life, because you can't do all the amazing things you do if you don't take care of you first.

During this "quarantine," my family and I  have set up a day called Me-Day. On this day we focus on ourselves. My daughter does what she wants. My husband gets to focus on him without being bothered (if possible). And I get my time. I fight off the guilt, but I am, sadly, an easily taxed person and need massive amounts of re-energizing time. 

Make it a habit and find time for you to be able to recharge. Share your strategies! Who knows... they might help someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment